Superior Threads King TUT Quilting Thread #978 Rosetta Stone
- 2000 Yard Cone
- THREAD CONE: Features one 2,000 yard cone of Superior Threads King Tut 40-weight thread made from three plies of 100% Egyptian cotton
- 100% COTTON: Extra-long staple Egyptian cotton gives King Tut thread the smooth feel of nature's finest thread
- LOW LINT: Created with the finest spinning, twisting, dyeing and finishing techniques to create an extremely low lint thread
- GREAT FOR CRAFTING: Both you and your machine will thoroughly enjoy the sewing and quilting experience with this thread
- MACHINE USAGE: For best results with home machines, use sewing needle #90/53; For best results with longarm machines use needle #18.
King Tut Egyptian-Grown Cotton Quilting Thread King Tut is one of nature's finest threads, certified Egyptian-grown, extra-long staple cotton and designed for quilting on both home machines and longarm machines. With the finest spinning, twisting, dyeing, and finishing techniques, you and your machine will thoroughly enjoy the quilting experience with King Tut. Perfect Growing Conditions The best cotton in the world (for thread) is grown in the Nile Delta region of Egypt. Due to the combination of weather conditions and nutrient-rich soil from the Nile River, the cotton produced here creates the highest-quality thread currently available. Extremely Low Lint Excess lint build-up can cause problems inside your bobbin case, clogging the thread path which results in poor stitch quality. King Tut is an extremely low-lint thread due to the nature of extra-long staple cotton and the special processing it undergoes. Increased Twist Thread twist is measured by the number of twists applied per meter. A loosely twisted thread requires less total fiber content, takes less time to produce, and is less expensive to manufacture. (Think of cheap thread that can easily be untwisted by rubbing it between your fingers.) King Tut has almost 7 times as many twists per meter as regular thread, resulting in a smooth, consistent surface. Extra-long Staple The overall strength and quality of cotton thread is often measured by the length of the staple (the individual fibers from a cotton boll). King Tut is certified to be classified as "extra-long" staple cotton. High quality and superb performance are directly related to the extra-long staples. Gassed Cotton "Gassing" refers to passing a cotton thread at a high speed above a flame, which burns off excess fuzz and lint. This gives threads a brighter and smoother appearance. Less fuzz on a thread means less lint displaced inside your machine.